Friday, February 15, 2008

An open letter to Speaker Pelosi

VIA: American Thinker Blog

Greg Richards
Madame Speaker:
I just heard on the news that you are leading the Democrats out of the House for a break without passing the new intelligence bill. What are you thinking?

I am guessing that you didn't know anybody in the World Trade Center on 9/11. The people trapped in the building faced the choice of either jumping to their deaths or burning alive. I don't know to this day which fate was chosen by those I knew in the building.

I would have thought that you would have a care that if the passengers on Flight 93 had not been heroes, the Capitol would very likely have been a smoking ruin on that day. I cannot understand what is impelling you to take such a lax attitude to your duties.

I suppose this comes under the rubric "the public interest be damned." Intelligence is essential to the safety of the country, and you refuse to provide us with that weapon. I cannot imagine what is going through your mind.

It is clear that you are not up to the duties of your high office. I can only hope that we can replace you in the next election.

Appalled,

Greg Richards

P.S. And the House had the time to hold hearings on steroids in baseball? What Article, exactly, in the Constitution enumerates that power? Even if there was one, what does it say about your leadership that you thought that subject worth the time of the House but the intelligence bill wasn't?

No comments: